joining a a DC via vampire fails

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Wed Oct 27 07:42:49 MDT 2010

Hi Frank,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 05:58, Frank Gruman <fgatwork at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi Kamen,
>
> That patch allowed me to successfully vampire.  WOOT WOOT!!  I can
> successfully browse the new domain controller from my Win 2003 domain
> controller.
>
> I have a few more tests to go (checking DRS and failover), but the vampire
> issue seems to be resolved.

Ah, great and thanks a lot for testing!

Btw, you may experience similar "hiccups" with DRS during Schema replication.
I am looking into ways to make the whole replication more steady and to find
some way to test it out of the box as bugs in this area will become
more and more
hard to find and cure.

Good luck with your testing and I hope you will be able to find other
interesting bugs ;)

--
CU,
Kamen