Rewrite:List Servers not implemented.

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:39:45 MDT 2010

Please keep samba-technical in the loop :)

On 26 October 2010 18:32, hemanth kumar <hemanthkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am using alfa 13
>
> and i tried smbclient cmd frm server.

OK, and exactly how did you run smbclient?

Like:
smbclient -L servername

or:
smbclient '\\servername\share'

or:
smbclient '\\ip-address\share' -U username

or:
...?

I see that message comes from source4/client/client.c:

/****************************************************************************
try and browse available connections on a host
****************************************************************************/
static bool list_servers(const char *wk_grp)
{
	d_printf("REWRITE: list servers not implemented\n");
	return false;
}

And list_servers is called from do_host_query() which has the following comment:
handle a -L query

and it looks like do_host_query() is only called when you do:
smbclient -L ...

So this is just not implemented yet for Samba 4's version of
smbclient.  You should probably try a version of smbclient from Samba
3.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>