Samba4 ACLs and Linux ACLs

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Tue Oct 26 03:24:26 MDT 2010

Hi Jeremy,

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:43:37 -0700
Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> Yes, I'm planning to support richacls but I don't see a finalized
> userspace API for me to use yet.

A WIP richacl Samba 3 VFS module is available at
  git://oss.sgi.com/v4acls-experimental/samba.git
  branch: 36t-richacl

It's currently a little rough around the edges:
- it should also handle nt dacls passed in on create, not just get/set
  acl
- CREATOR_OWNER and CREATOR_GROUP aces are not supported
- automatic inheritance flags SEC_DESC_DACL_AUTO_INHERITED and
  ACL4_AUTO_INHERIT are mapped to each other, however these flags offer
  differing semantics on Windows and Linux (richacls).

Hopefully look at getting it upstream when the above issues are
resolved and it's had some thorough testing.

Anyhow, feel free to poke around. Suggestions, feedback and
ridicule welcome.

Cheers, David