Module already registered.

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Oct 19 08:05:54 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 09:19 -0400, omega_one at mail.com wrote:
> This is only an example, my logs are full of similar lines.
> On version 3.5.4 and 3.5.5, after some days, winbind crashed with
> panic error, with version 3.5.6 winbind does not crash anymore, but
> idmap already registered continue to populate my logs.
> Someone can tell me why and what this means?

It means internally we are trying to re-register a module that is
already in use. This is normal, as we do lazy initialization for idmap
modules. So you can ignore these messages although they are certainly
annoying. Maybe you can open a bug to ask to raise the debug level for
these messages, debug level 0 is certainly too low for what is basically
just a "trace" log.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce