[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Oct 17 06:45:04 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 14:24 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> But aren't these code places only using SAMDB LDBs? As far as I've seen
> these are only SAMDB LDBs.
Those two places are not SAM databases. ntptr (the printer database)
uses them. I also think that e.g. the secretsdb could use them.

That's not the point though. Just because these functions are just used
by samdb at the moment does not mean they should be a part of SAMDB.
They're generic functions and as such should be usable by other parts of
Samba. If we did make them specific to samdb, I think we should change
their prefixes to avoid confusion.

Cheers,

Jelmer