smbclient source code.( -k option )

ranji ranjith.rajendran at wipro.com
Sun Oct 10 11:14:47 MDT 2010

Thanks for your valuable info.......

As i Understand that smbclient with -k options is to be used when we are
trying to connect to AD Environment.

Pls clarify on the below work flow :
1> smbclient uses kerberos security mechanism to connect to a PC.
2> If kerberos fails,it falls back to the common NTLM security mechanism and
connects to the pc.

In order to implement kerberos security, I'm using following functions :

/* Setting (or) Re-setting SMB_CONTEXT to kerberos mode accordingly */
smbc_setOptionUseKerberos(context, option_value.b);
smbc_setOptionFallbackAfterKerberos(context, option_value.b);

Please guide me to enable kerberos when smbclient is done.