S4: upgrade provision problems

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Oct 9 10:31:03 MDT 2010

Hi Trever,

Well there is no real reason to do upgradeprovision right now ...
>   Hello everyone,
>
> 1st problem: After an upgradeprovision dns.keytab is empty. How does on
> go about regenerating it?
Did you used --full ?

> 2nd problem: I am getting errors about upgradeprovision not being able
> to set acls (I cannot reproduce this as it appears my provision cannot
> be upgraded with the script again).

Did you run it as root ?  if not it's the reason why you were not able
to set the acl correctly (unless you have extended attribute stored in
tdb, ie. with the posix:eadb = somefile.tdb)
You can ask upgradeprovision to retry to set your file acl with:
--resetfileacl
> Any ideas? (Yes, I backed up my provision and will likely restore it
> later today.)
Well upgradeprovision also do a backup just in case !

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org