make error

Rohit Rajan rohit.rajan at catalyst-us.com
Fri Oct 8 02:23:06 MDT 2010

  Thanks Everyone, i removed the samba-master directory and downloaded
the fresh from GIT, make finished successfully.

On 10/8/2010 12:04 PM, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 8 October 2010 08:17, Matthieu Patou<mat at samba.org>  wrote:
>>   On 08/10/2010 09:25, Rohit Rajan wrote:
>>>   Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to configure the SAMBA VERSION: 4.0.0alpha14-GIT-cd04af7 the
>>> confiure went fine but whe i issue the make command i got this error.
>>>
>>> data.mk:1372: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
>> It's using the old build system.
>>
>> Go in source4 do:
>> ./autogen-waf.sh
>> ./configure.developer
>> make -j
> I suspect Rohit used the "rsync" instructions on the Samba4 HOWTO.
> When I tried that a few days ago it was broken.  ./autogen.sh said it
> was setting up for waf, but ./configure.developer actually ran the
> autoconf version of configure.
>
> I posted about ftp/unpacked/samba_4_0_test/ being broken here:
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-October/073735.html
>
> but I saw no reply from anyone saying it had been fixed.
>
> I'd change the HOWTO if I could, but I gave up trying to get the
> wiki-editor to notice my requests for edit access.
>
> Rohit, just use the git instructions or the alpha13 tarball, which is
> still quite new.

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by "Catalyst Business Partners" or any of its subsidiaries unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Catalyst Business Partners.

Catalyst Business Partners has taken sufficient measures and precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.