timing with ldb

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Oct 4 09:08:51 MDT 2010

  Hi tridge, anatoly,

Following the talk we had at SDC, I found my test ldb and different
extractions.

So out of 280MB ldb (after tdbbackup) I got a 118MB ldif file (which
means that ldb took a bit more than 2 times to store a record than it
really weight). This is for a 17670 usefull record and of it ~16000 are
contacts.

If you strip the SD the size of the ldb and the size of the ldif are
both reduced by ~30MB which means that a big SD is ~.5KB. So I have
242MB ldb file without the SD.

If I remove both sd and index the size of the LDB goes 87MB file to and
to a 38MB ldif file.

I've done also some timming, in order to create an ldb out of the ldif I
need 1m13s on my laptop and 43s on sn for the 17670 objects (with indexes).
For just the object (without the @indexes) it's 13s on my laptop and 8s
on sn.

If this figure should scale, it means that we will have ~11 millions
entries for a 1 million objects (ie. users) and that the insertion
should take ~ 40 minutes.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou