samba.org::ftp/unpacked/samba_4_0_test/ is broken

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 05:50:04 MDT 2010

On 4 October 2010 13:12, Daniel Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de> wrote:
> I used git on Centos to a new directory and it is working!
> Now do I need to make a "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision --full -s
> /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf".
> Or a "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision -s /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf"
> ,just is sufficient!?

My understanding is that --full is better (as long as it works) but an
upgradeprovision is not necessarily required.  If it works without the
upgradeprovision, then don't feel you need to do it just because you
have updated the source code.

Although you might want to run upgradeprovision if you're updating
from one alpha release to another.

Someone will likely correct me if I'm wrong about the above.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>