lorikeet-heimdal import into Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Oct 2 05:36:18 MDT 2010

I've prepared a new lorikeet-heimdal tree, based on the current patches
we have for Heimdal (accepted and not yet accepted)

It is at:
http://gitweb.samba.org/abartlet/lorikeet-heimdal.git/.git/?p=abartlet/lorikeet-heimdal.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lorikeet-heimdal-201010021123

git://git.samba.org/abartlet/lorikeet-heimdal.git/.git
lorikeet-heimdal-201010021123

I've prepared an import of this into Samba4.  It is at

I've also found the issue about why the kinit tests failed - it was an
interaction of a roken change in Heimdal with the way we compile in
socket_wrapper.  A fix is included with the other changes in the tree
above.

The resulting Samba4 tree is at:
http://gitweb.samba.org/abartlet/lorikeet-heimdal.git/.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/import-lorikeet-heimdal-201010021123
git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/.git
import-lorikeet-heimdal-201010021123

I believe these are ready to be included in the tree, but they need more
testing first.  (confirmation that they interoperate with windows etc).

I'm running a full test against this again now, and I (or you) should be
able to push them to master via autobuild as soon as we have some
confirmation of the windows interoperability.

I hope this will help your work on the DPAPI.  Thankyou for your efforts
to prepare for this update!

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.