autobuild failure for task source4 during test

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Nov 30 14:41:21 MST 2010

Hi Volker,

Andrew and I have found the bug. The cause was a change I made that
only failed if a randomly generated GUID contained a 0 byte. That GUID
was passed into a function that took a string, in its NDR string form,
and it specifically checked for 0 bytes and raised an error.  We're
pushing the fix into autobuild now.

My "flakey test" system (see /home/tridge/find_flakey.sh on sn-devel)
also noticed the problem, but in my backlog of email I didn't see the
emails.

Perhaps we should send flakey build notifications somewhere else a bit
more reliable than my inbox? The way it works is that it tries to
build master using the autobuild scripts on sn-devel every 2 hours. It
then keeps logs of any failures and sends an email. Perhaps we should
send that email to samba-cvs instead of my email address? That would
mean there would be a much better chance of someone looking into the
problem.

Cheers, Tridge