autobuild failure for task source4 during test

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 30 13:58:40 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 17:26 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 05:16:17PM +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> > Indeed Volker,
> >
> > I've also got such emails where the changes are unrelated to the
> > breakage. I think that the cause isn't easy to fix since it lies in
> > randomly failing testsuites. These should be fixed.
>
> Given that an unrelated change can not be pushed to master,
> what is your recommendation here? Push to a private
> repository and ask the autobuild maintainers to merge the
> change?

Yes, push to a private branch, and ask here so that as a team, we can
sort out why we have a flaky test, and what to do about it.

Flaky tests are rare, but have existed in both test systems from time to
time.   I know Tridge has been running autobuilds in a loop to watch out
for exactly these, so it's a new problem.

Can you post the log URL for the failure?  That will help me look into
it this morning.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.