Extending Samba 4 schema for OSX GPO support

Aubrey Ekstrom aekstrom at proclivitysystems.com
Mon Nov 29 10:47:16 MST 2010

Hi Karmen,

I did a "git pull" to get the latest source for Samba 4, which appeared to work fine. Generated the config scripts and ran configure.developer in the Source4 directory. All seemed OK. Ran make. No errors... but when I run "make quicktest" I get many errors (200+), many of which look like this:

ldb: module version mismatch in ../dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/dsdb_cache.c : ldb_version=0.9.19 module_version=0.9.18
ldb: failed to initialise module /home/psadmin/samba-master/source4/bin/modules/ldb/dsdb_cache.so : Unavailable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup/provision", line 262, in <module>
    useeadb=eadb, next_rid=opts.next_rid, lp=lp)
  File "bin/python/samba/provision/__init__.py", line 1521, in provision
    schemadn=names.schemadn)
  File "bin/python/samba/schema.py", line 81, in __init__
    self.ldb = SamDB(global_schema=False, am_rodc=False)
MemoryError
Unable to provision:
NSS_WRAPPER_PASSWD="/home/psadmin/samba-master/source4/st/dc/etc/passwd" NSS_WRAPPER_GROUP="/home/psadmin/samba-master/source4/st/dc/etc/group" ./setup/provision --configfile=/home/psadmin/samba-master/source4/st/dc/etc/smb.conf --host-name=localdc --host-ip=127.0.0.1 --quiet --domain=SAMBADOMAIN --realm=SAMBA.EXAMPLE.COM --adminpass=locDCpass1 --krbtgtpass=krbtgtlocDCpass1 --machinepass=machinelocDCpass1 --root=root --server-role="domain controller" --function-level="2008"
PROVISIONING DC...testsuite: samba4.rpc.echo on ncacn_ip_tcp with sign and --option=ntlmssp_client:ntlm2=no --option=torture:quick=yes(dc)
no output for name[samba4.rpc.echo on ncacn_ip_tcp with sign and --option=ntlmssp_client:ntlm2=no --option=torture:quick=yes(dc)]
ERROR: Testsuite[samba4.rpc.echo on ncacn_ip_tcp with sign and --option=ntlmssp_client:ntlm2=no --option=torture:quick=yes(dc)]
REASON: unable to set up environment dc - exiting

It looks like  the first line "ldb: module version mismatch in ../dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/dsdb_cache.c : ldb_version=0.9.19 module_version=0.9.18" may be the main issue? Not sure if that is the only problem or the main problem or what to do to fix it. I do know I did not get any errors with "make quicktest" with the version I am currently using. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!

Aubrey Ekstrom | Systems Administrator | Proclivity Systems
22 West 19th St., Ninth Floor, New York, NY 10011 | 646-237-3727
http://www.proclivitysystems.com

This message is the property of Proclivity Systems, Inc. and is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s), and may contain material that is
confidential and privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If
you are not the intended recipient, reliance or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited; please contact the sender and delete all
copies.