Blocking anonymous LDAP operations and interaction with dsHeuristics

Nadezhda Ivanova nivanova at samba.org
Thu Nov 25 02:40:56 MST 2010

Hi Andrew,
I don't think I like this patch very much - I deliberately moved this code
from rootDSE, because Windows behavior is that if you set the dsHeuristics
flag and give some access to Anonymous to some objects, you should be able
to see them with Anonymous connection. If we juts cut ia all off at rootDSE
this is not possible. We may of course choose not to support this
behavior...  What you could do is add the failing tests to knownfail,
actually I think they are already there as this module is disabled by
default. Instead of removing the code, could you make it dependent on
acl:search parameter in smb.conf, so that it is used if acl_read is not
enabled? It will make it easier for me to continue my work on the acl_read,
and revert your patch when the module is good enough.

Regards,
Nadya