wintest for testing Samba against windows

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Wed Nov 24 04:34:13 MST 2010

On 19/11/10 05:25, tridge wrote:
> I've been working on a new test system for Samba called
> 'wintest'. I've recently pushed it into master in the wintest top
> level directory.

I suppose you have also thought of using winexe which perhaps doesn't
even require the telnet to be installed.
It sounds a useful way to both deploy and run windows-side test code.

By deploying netcat or a ssh or telnet server, you can reduce the
pre-requisites for testing.
nc --l --p [LocalPort] --e /cmd/./exe/

I note that the winexe site shows nothing now
(http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/) but seems to be a page at sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winexe/

Sam

--