[Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.0pre2

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Nov 23 02:32:01 MST 2010

On Thursday, November 18, 2010 23:38:49 Guenther Deschner wrote:
> Hi Karolin,


> To summarize: I have a not so good feeling for v3-6-test at least when
> it comes to printing and spoolss... Alternatives now are:
> a) come up with painfully hand-merged patches (where we never can be
> sure of where we are exactly and if we got all important bits, also
> further cherry-picking stays painful) or
> b) copy over master (which has cooled down a bit recently) for the next
> pre-release (which would be a slap in the face to those who carefully
> picked and merged to 3-6-test so far (I am certainly not amongst these)).
> As I have the impression that at least master is way better tested and
> at least used sporadically by developers (unlike 3.6), I strongly vote
> for option b). But its not up to me to make that decision and then again
> I can fully understand anyone voting against.

+1 for option b)

We have changed and fixed a lot of stuff (rpc server and spoolss) in master 
and it is passing smbtorture. We added a lot of tests too.

	-- andreas

More information about the samba-technical mailing list