"net -d 10" does not work anymore

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Sat Nov 20 17:50:31 MST 2010

Hi Tridge,

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 02:26,  <tridge at samba.org> wrote:
> Hi Kamen,
>
>  > The problem was, that during self-provisioning we are using a python code
>  > that loads smb.conf on its behalf and thus squashing current 'debug level'.
>  > Actually the problem still persist in a bunch of places and it is because
>  > we set global DEBUG_LEVEL when handling 'debug level' LoadParm
>  > parameter.
>
> I think that was fixed quite a long time ago in s4. Do you know of any
> case where we still get it wrong?

Yes. We have the same problem in tests - every time samba.tests.lp_loadparm()
is used, we get our log level overridden with what is in smb.conf.
And every time python code instantiates LoadParm() class, we get the same.

Also the patch I pushed some time ago to fix provisioning is just a patch
I mean patch as "make it work", not as fixing it :)
I think we should fix this in 'log level' handling function, so that setting
log level from command line to have higher priority that setting it from
conf file (just as other params)

>  > Most probably you are hitting the same issue.
>
> I think its a different problem.  See my reply to Volker.

It was just a wild guess of mine :)

--
CU,
Kamen