"net -d 10" does not work anymore

Kamen Mazdrashki kamenim at samba.org
Sat Nov 20 13:45:37 MST 2010

Hi Volker,

I am not familiar with s3-net utility, but we had similar problem with
the s4-net
utility (aka samba-tool now).
The problem was, that during self-provisioning we are using a python code
that loads smb.conf on its behalf and thus squashing current 'debug level'.
Actually the problem still persist in a bunch of places and it is because
we set global DEBUG_LEVEL when handling 'debug level' LoadParm
parameter.
Most probably you are hitting the same issue.

I hope that helps (although not fixing the problem) :)

--
CU,
Kamen