tap2subunit on

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Nov 20 02:26:13 MST 2010

Hello Jelmer,

on my laptop I'm facing errors on some tests using tap2subunit.

Running
perl /usr/local/src/samba4/pidl/tests/ndr_string.pl |
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/src/samba4/source4/../lib/subunit/python:/usr/local/src/samba4/source4/../lib/testtools
tap2subunit 2>&1 | ../selftest/filter-subunit --fail-on-empty
--prefix="pidl.ndr_string."

will gives you this for skipped tests:

test: pidl.util.test 47
skip: pidl.util.test 47 [
doesn't seem to work yet

]
test: pidl.util.test 48
skip: pidl.util.test 48 [
doesn't seem to work yet

]

But for this command (the one used if tap2subunit is shipped with your
distro)
perl /usr/local/src/samba4/pidl/tests/ndr_string.pl |  tap2subunit 2>&1
| ../selftest/filter-subunit --fail-on-empty --prefix="pidl.ndr_string."

test: pidl.util.test 47
error: pidl.util.test 47 [
_StringException: test missing from TAP output

]
test: pidl.util.test 48
error: pidl.util.test 48 [
_StringException: test missing from TAP output

]

It seems that the problems comes from the way the builtin subunit handle
skip tests versus the version we have in samba4 (as ours do a .upper()
before comparing to "SKIP").

I made a patch to detect if the builtin lib is able to handle correctly
the skipped tests for tap2subunit.
Let me know as it might not be the good python way to do it.

Matthieu.

--

Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org