[s4] Crash in netr_LogonGetDomainInfo

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 18 14:54:57 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 22:32 +0100, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Metze,
>
> I propose something like this.

Reading these comments made me look at the original code, and I don't
think that it is quite correct.

Firstly, my gut feeling is that we should not use r->in.computer_name.
This is not normally used in the processing of the call, but in the
credential chaining - and isn't always the same thing as the computer
name in the account.

You should instead check against the samaccountname without the $, as
found in the DB after looking up the record by SID.

(It would be worth testing what exactly happens if the CN and
samAccountName are different - which one is it checked against).

The check for a NULL dns_hostname is of course correct.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.