Can you remove ntacls from the command line?

allaboutmike mike at aacomp.com.au
Thu Nov 18 09:33:21 MST 2010

I have some permissions problems and I would like to start from scratch. Is
there a way I can remove all (windows) permissions on my folders from the
command line? They don't seem to have any extended attributes:
bcmain samba # getfattr -d /data/accounts
bcmain samba #

However Samba thinks they have plenty of acl info if I am reading this
right:

bcmain samba # ./bin/samba-tool acl nt get --xattr-backend=native
/data/accounts/
file: struct xattr_NTACL
    version                  : 0x0001 (1)
    info                     : union xattr_NTACL_Info(case 1)
    sd                       : *
        sd: struct security_descriptor
            revision                 : SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR_REVISION_1 (1)
            type                     : 0x8004 (32772)
                   0: SEC_DESC_OWNER_DEFAULTED
                   0: SEC_DESC_GROUP_DEFAULTED
                   1: SEC_DESC_DACL_PRESENT
                   0: SEC_DESC_DACL_DEFAULTED