[REPOST] about bug-id #4597 (rfc2307 problem)

Thu Nov 18 07:45:08 MST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 03:39:11PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:27:18PM +0900, Samba-JP oota wrote:
> > One month has passed.
> >
> > Was there any progress about evaluation?
>
> Sorry, I have a LOT to do here. I will put this up on TOP of
> my private todo list now. This seems to be the number one
> priority bug in Samba now.
>
> Sorry it takes so long.

Ok, looked at the bug again: You need that ONLY in "net sam
provision"? I think for upstream inclusion this is not
sufficent. We also need the corresponding changes in
passdb/pdb_ldap.c to take care of the attributes when later
on adding/modifying users. The patch that was posted
explicitly stated that it is done for ldapsam:editposix, and
for upstream this also includes the editability via usrmgr,
not just the one-shot provision.

I apologize that I am not willing to put this upstream in
this form. I will reject the bug formally. Please re-open it
when the appropriate patch is available.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke