Replication "stopped working"

Magnus Benngård magnus.b at inputinterior.se
Thu Nov 18 04:37:10 MST 2010

Hi!
Managed to break the replication between my main (samba4) dc and some vampired (samba4) boxes. My own fault.
I was going to upgrade the main dc, but I did something wrong so I had to reinstall that samba4 from scratch.
I did a normal build/install and then:
./samba-tool join inputinterior.se DC --server=bos-dc.bos.inputinterior.se –Uadministrator
Everything went well except that the replication didn’t work.
I understand that either I have missed something or I have done totally wrong.
Did some tests:
dc:/usr/local/samba/bin# ./samba-tool drs showrepl dc.inputinterior.se -Uadministrator

==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
DC=inputinterior,DC=se
        Default-First-Site-Name\BOS-DC via RPC
                DSA object GUID: a17f1c99-4ecf-40d8-bfb8-f45909ab9e88
                Last attempt @ NTTIME(0) failed, result 179559976 (DOS code 0x0ab3de28):
                        DOS code 0x0ab3de28
                -1218225904 consecutive failure(s).
                Last success @ Thu Jan  1 01:00:00 1970 CET

==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====
Connection --
        Connection name : 0da5010d-b1ee-4e4f-a0aa-4680fc1c86f2
        Enabled         : TRUE
        Server DNS name : dc.inputinterior.se
        Server DN  name : CN=NTDS Settings,CN=BOS-DC,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=inputinterior,DC=se
                TransportType: RPC
Warning: No NC replicated for Connection!

==== CONNECION FAILURES ====
DsReplicaGetInfo failed - WERR_UNKNOWN_LEVEL.
DsReplicaGetInfo() failed for DRSUAPI_DS_REPLICA_INFO_KCC_DSA_CONNECT_FAILURES.
return code = –1

Any that knows if it is possible to get the replication back on track?

/Magnus