Samba on shares with XFS and kernel 2.6.18

Janek Walkenhorst walkenhorst at univention.de
Wed Nov 17 09:26:45 MST 2010

Hello,

Am 2010-11-17 11:37:11 schrieb Stefan Gohmann:
> Am Mittwoch 17 November 2010 schrieb Volker Lendecke:
> > Well, it would be nice for Samba to behave as if configure
> > did not find utimensat in this case. ENOSYS as an error
> > message is pretty specific.
> >
> > source3/modules/vfs_default.c around line 543ff is the piece
> > that does it. It should be a relatively minor change to
> > handle ENOSYS to utimensat properly.
> >
> > Do you have someone @univention to make that change?
>
> Yes, we will send a patch for this issue.
I have attached the patch:
 master.try-other-methods-if-utimensat-is-not-supported-ret.patch

If utimensat returns ENOSYS the other utime-methods are used instead.
Should apply cleanly to the v3-5-*, v3-6-*, and master branches.

This fixes the issue.

Also attached is the patch:
 v3-5.try-other-methods-if-utimensat-is-not-supported-ret.patch

This is the same change plus an analogous change for the function copy_reg().
Should apply cleanly to the v3-5-* branches.

- Janek

--
Janek Walkenhorst
Software Engineering Apprentice