Forcing plaintext password storage for Samba 4

Angelos Oikonomopoulos angelos.oikonomopoulos at fp-commerce.de
Tue Nov 16 02:22:26 MST 2010

Hi Andrew,

first of all thanks for taking the time to review the script!

On 11/16/2010 08:31 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 16:30 +0100, Angelos Oikonomopoulos wrote:
>> samdb = SamDB(url=(sys.argv[1] + "/sam.ldb.d/DC=FPC,DC=LOCAL.ldb"),
>> session_info=system_session(), credentials=creds.guess())
>
> Why do you try and connect to the individual DB?

No reason, other than that I initially used ldbsearch for exploring the
DB and with ldbsearch the supplementalCredentials attribute didn't get
printed out by default. It does get printed out if I select it
explicitly of course.

> Just connect to sam.ldb, and ask for the supplementalCredentials
> attribute.

Indeed that works great and doesn't depend so much on samba internals.

Aggelos