samba4a13 prerequisite tarballs for talloc & tevent out-dated

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 11 13:46:54 MST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 15:48 +1100, Dewayne wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm endeavouring to get samba4a13 running on FreeBSD8.1.
>
> I rely on the FreeBSD ports system and I have  modified the corresponding
> talloc and tevent ports to acquire the necessary files.  Unfortunately the
> repositories ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub ftp://ca.samba.org/pub
> ftp://de.samba.org/pub/
>
> only contain talloc-2.0.1.tar.gz and tevent0.9.8.tar.gz (from
> ftp://ca.samba.org/pub) which are required for samba4a11.
>
> Performing an autogen.sh I observed the following necessary prerequisites
> for samba4a13 were not found:
> talloc 2.0.3
> tevent 0.9.9
>
> Would it be possible for these files to be created in tar.gz format and
> placed in the samba ftp repositories?
>
> Unfortunately I'm less technical than I am tenacious :)

Simply modify the Samba4 port not to require system libraries for these
unreleased prerequisites.

This situation is expected and unavoidable during the alpha release
stream at the moment.  We have dicussed alternatives, but trying to
coordinate releases of talloc, tdb, ldb, tevent with every samba4 alpha
release is not something we are willing to do quite yet.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.