NTLM Authentication against multiple domain comtrollers

Thu Nov 11 02:22:04 MST 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 05:38:37AM +0530, Mayank Agrawal wrote:
> Thanks a lot for showing the direction to achieve this task. I did lot
> of research and code walk through, and your idea makes a lot of sense.
> But I am unable to find out how do I change the WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR
> variable. As I understand it is a CFLAGS so do we need to compile
> winbind with separate CFLAGS settings?
> Please let us know

WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR is an environment variable that you have
to set before calling the ntlm_auth utility. Depending on
your shell the syntax for doing that might differ. In my
shell the two lines

WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR=/tmp/.winbindd-1
export WINBINDD_SOCKET_DIR

set the corresponding variables. You should execute those
two lines in the script from which you then later on call
then ntlm_auth utility.

Volker