Kinit errorcode in Samba is not returned.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 8 23:47:49 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 21:20 -0800, ranji wrote:
> Before doing an AD join,I perform kinit.
> kinit is working fine w.r.t AD join and is able to join to domain
> successfully.
>
> When kinit fails,it always returns the value 1 .
> As per my study it must return different error code in HEX (Unknown realm,
> Invalid cerendtials,Clockskew error).
>
> Is there any option avail in samba Makefile to enable this kerberos
> scenarios with appropriate error codes.???

kinit is not a part of Samba, but is usually supplied by your operating
system.

If you want to obtain the kerberos error code generated by kinit (or
it's equivalent), you must link to the Kerberos C API, as Samba does.

Why do you need these error codes?  (There are many good reasons to need
them, but if you tell me more about what you are trying to do, I can
help more).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.