S4: upgrade provision problems

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 04:56:50 MDT 2010

On 10/26/2010 07:46 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hi trever,
> On 19/10/2010 16:49, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>>   Just as a side note doing: upgradeprovision --debugall --resetfileacl
>> alone messes up (causes to not have any valid tickets)
>> private/dns.keytab.
>>
>> This needs to be fixed. I just caught it and had to restore two
>> provisions.
> I have a couple of patches that fix the dns empty keytab pb that you
> met, it's in my repo (address in my signature) in the branch
> upradeprovision.
>
> You'll need to run it with --full as it needs to change the samdb to
> remove the old dns account. You'll also need to adapt your bind config
> as you'll be instructed during upgradeprovision.
> Then you can do one more run with just --resetfileacl so that we can
> have a look at your "unable to set file acl" problem.
>
> Note: you can copy your provision on another workstation so that you
> can test it safely, you can also just put it in another folder (ie.
> /usr/local/tests4)
> in this case you need to do the following:
>
> * create the destination folder
> * cp -a /usr/local/samba/etc <dest>
> * cp -a /usr/local/samba/private <dest>
> * cp -a /usr/local/samba/locks/sysvol <dest>
> * edit your new smb.conf and add/change the following parameters:
>     * private dir = <dest>/private
>     * lock dir = <dest>
>     * in the netlogon section, change path to
> <dest>/sysvol/domain.fqdn/scripts
>     * in the sysvol section, change path to <dest>/sysvol/
>
> if any other parameter refer to /usr/local/samba (or the default place
> where your provision is) please update it also accordingly if any
> doubt please ask us.
>
> At this moment you can quietly without any risk run upgradeprovision
> on your copy (you  have to supply the -s <dest/etc/smb.conf>)  without
> messing your production.
>
> Cheers.
> Matthieu

Hello Matthieu,

I am afraid that I get the following error with a git pull just done:

Exception during upgrade of samdb:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./upgradeprovision", line 1105, in update_partition
    provisionUSNs, names.invocation)
  File "./upgradeprovision", line 861, in update_present
    if current[0].get():
TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)
Update failed
Rollbacking every changes. Check the reason of the problem
In any case your system as it was before the upgrade

As such I am unable to test at this time. I am sorry it has taken me so
long to respond.

I am also finding that one one of the domains I have, I cannot kinit
administrator. It gives an error about not finding a suitable encryption
type. Doing it for any other user works.

Trever
--
"millihelen, n.: The amount of beauty required to launch one ship." --
Unknown