winbind apis

Shirish Pargaonkar shirishpargaonkar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:02:40 MDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:

>> > Trying to guess: You're looking for the functionality
>> > winbind exposes via /tmp/.winbindd/pipe? We're exposing
>> > almost everything of that via libwbclient these days. You
>> > can find the API in the Samba source under
>> > nsswitch/libwbclient/wbclient.h.
>> >
>> > Volker
>> >

>> Volker, Thanks.  I am not sure what exactly means or how to use
>> /tmp/.winbindd/pipe but will go through the APIs in wbclient.h.
>
> /tmp/.winbindd/pipe is winbind's entry point for user
> services. I used that as a metaphor of the external winbind
> functionality. With "APIs" it might have been possible that
> you mean winbind internals, such as for example the idmap
> backend API. I was guessing that you mean the former, the
> external API available to all applications running on the
> Unix system. This is now standardized via libwbclient.
>
> Volker

Not sure where to get the type bool from

 cc -o getcifsacl cifsacl.c -L /usr/local/samba/lib -I
/usr/local/samba/include -l wbclient -l talloc
In file included from cifsacl.c:6:
/usr/local/samba/include/wbclient.h:616: error: expected declaration
specifiers or â...â before âboolâ

It is in replace.h but that is not exported.