[build-farmers] about buildfarm tidiness

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Mon Nov 1 05:32:41 MDT 2010

On 2010-11-01 at 13:43 +0300 Matthieu Patou sent off:
> >When I look at the content of the build_farm firectory then there are plenty of
> >ancient files, ancient built tree subdirectories like those from the samba_3_0
> >via lorikeet-heimdal up to the samba_4_0_waf which have partly been
> >discontinued since years and just lurk around to eat plenty of space. Can we
> >clean up discontinued build trees somehow?
> Normaly it should be taken into account by the build script I saw
> something about this. Now given the fact that a lot of server have
> their own script it's possible that the cleanup is only in the
> generic.fns.

I didn't check if there's a cleanup of discontinued trees but if there is one
it doesn't work as even hosts which use the generic.fns have the ancient build
trees there. We probably need to maintain a list of discontinued (and to be
deleted) trees. I don't think we have something like that today.

Cheers
Björn
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9