Strange beha

Learner Study learner.study at gmail.com
Sun May 30 14:38:04 MDT 2010

Hello:

Tracing thru an issue with poor performance with windows client, I
came across some pieces of code inside samba that have special
conditions for handling windows clients, like, smb_roundup() inside
trans2.c file etc, etc.

Can someone please help me understand or point me to some earlier
discussions on what this is purpose of this special behavior...if I
just return from this roundup fn, linux client gets impacted....

The following thread has some discussion but if someone can provide
more info, I would really appreciate it:
http://www.mail-archive.com/samba-technical@lists.samba.org/msg00058.html

Thanks for your help!