samba 3.5.2 - Reducing foortprint of the libsmbclient

abhijeet gaikwad gaikwad.abhi at gmail.com
Sat May 29 00:25:41 MDT 2010

Hi to all,
            I have to use Samba 3.5.2 for embedded device which will be a
samba-client. I have generated libsmbclinet with following configuration
options(one of my combination tried more that that).I am using Opensuse 11.1
for crosscompiling libsmbclient.
size of generated libsmbclient is too big about 8MB. I have too reduce this
size to fit it into flash memory. I have tried lots of configuration option
combination with no effect.I have too use 3.5.2 as I want to access vista
and higher  shares from device. is there is any way to cut down the size of
libsmbclient.

plz help as I got stuck now. Is it possible to implement 3.5.2 on embedded
device? configuration option had not effect on size of libsmbclient..is it
bug in configure script? from makefile i learned that for any combination of
configuration option compilation of libsmbclient remains same.
Is it possible to aceess vista shares from any older version of Samba
3.x.x??? If anybody had worked on this? if yes please help me out.
Configure option :

*dhcppc14:Samba_Client/samba-3.5.2/source3 $*   ./configure
--host=mipsel-linux --enable-shared-libs --enable-iprint=no --enable-cups=no
--with-ldap=no  --disable-krb5developer  --enable-shared-libs
--with-cifsmount=no --with-libtdb=no --with-libsmbclient