Samba4 HOWTO and ldapcmp

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 24 07:30:54 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 14:49 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> Hi
>
> ldapcmp looks really cool, although I haven't tried it out yet.
>
> I see it's been added to the Samba4 HOWTO, but I think it would fit
> better in the Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC page.

Yeah, I agree.  The main HOWTO needs to be as simple as possible.  Just
as we don't ask folks to run any smbtorture commands against it, we
shouldn't suggest ldapcmp.  It should be listed in a developer tool
reference however.

I've pushed the content to
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/ldapcmp and linked on the
Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC page as suggested.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.