Migrating from Apple OpenDirectory?

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:44:27 MDT 2010

In case you've forgotten, I'm trying to get some users out of Open
Directory into Samba4 for authentication purposes.

On 20 April 2010 04:54, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
[...]
> Honestly, I'm not sure.  You would need to write up a python script (I
> think) that would first import the users from the OpenDirectory
> (perserving their SIDs), and then extract the 'arcfour-hmac-md5' (type
> 23) key and set it into the unicodePwd attribute in Samba4's LDAP
> server.
>
> Once you have the data in the dump format, this may be easy to parse, or
> else it may be better to read it using Heimdal tools somehow.

OK, I had some trouble with the stash file from the OS X box, but I
now have a dump file in the Heimdal dump format, so I can get at the
arcfour-hmac-md5 keys.  Do I just shove those into the unicodePwd
attribute?

What about the other keys?  There are two des-hmac-crc (type 1) keys
and a 3des-hmac-sha1 (type 16) key for each principal too.  Should I
just ignore those?

Thanks.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>