Make -k a simple non-bool option.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 21 01:47:59 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 08:37 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Am 21.05.2010 04:05, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> > On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 17:16 -0500, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >> The branch, master has been updated
> >>        via  2bbf055... Make -k a simple non-bool option.
> >>        via  2d46e07... Fix what looks like a cut-and-paste error in our read_negTokenInit() function.
> >>       from  8a4525d... waf: fix the build of nsswitch libwbclient.
> >>
> >> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
> >>

> >> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> >> commit 2bbf055dbb15ea99b80ae66adc906ad5494a3999
> >> Author: Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> >> Date:   Thu May 20 14:59:34 2010 -0700
> >>
> >>     Make -k a simple non-bool option.
> >>
> >>     Jeremy.
> >
> > Jeremy,
> >
> > Given that this patch breaks 'make test', was it so urgent that it could
> > not have been put in a branch until I looked at it?
> >
> > Please revert it until we work out a new set of options and fix all the
> > scripts.
>
> I think it's needed to have a way to disable kerberos.
> we should at least have a --disable-kerberos option
> or something more generic like [ntlm,krb5,spnego,schannel] for dcerpc
> binding strings.

I've reverted the patch for now, as I needed to get 'make test' to pass
before I did another fix.

As to a generic option, I don't like how things ended up in dcerpc
binding strings, and I would not want that to be our modal.  Given
Kerberos is the special case that requires communication with a separate
KDC, and the fact that the current -k yes/no option has worked so well
so far, I would like to keep that mode of operation (while avoiding the
collision with the Samba3 syntax).

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.