NTLMSSP fix for source4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 18 19:20:57 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 17:41 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:44:18AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 16:55 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > > Andrew, please review and push. Same fix that
> > > fixes the Microsoft torture tester I put into
> > > source3.
> >
> > Don't we have a better explanation for the version than just a series of
> > bytes?  If not, we should get them from dochelp before we put yet
> > another magic constant into the code.
>
> It's in the MS-NTLM doc.
>
> > Also, is this handled by the IDL parser?  We want to move to it soon, so
> > we need that updated as well.
>
> Yes, VERSION is handled in our idl.

I think the correct fix is to then declare a struct VERSION, fill in the
elements with the constants from ntlmssp.idl and then do an
ndr_push_struct_blob.  If VERSION isn't negotiated, then we should, as
far as I can tell, be able to use the same msprc_gen call, but with a
data_blob_null.

You should be able to do the same in the source3 code, as we are trying
hard to keep them identical, and they both have access to the same IDL.

I hope this helps.  I'm sorry for the extra work, but I really dislike
unexplained magic constant byte arrays.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.