Samba 4 alpha whatever raise your hand

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue May 18 13:24:58 MDT 2010

On 18/05/2010 01:46, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Dear all S4 early adopter,
>
> I'm just curious to know how many people are using or planning to use
> samba4 as domain controller.
> And if it is in production.
>
> Cheers

Of course me !
~30 users, ~30 workstations.

Current setup is 1 samba4 alpha12 git something with ldb backend for
provision.

Postfix is using S4 ldap for user mailbox list (we transform user like
matthieu.patou at matws.net to a samaccountname), aliases and mailing group.
We have also 2 Samba 3.5.x file and printing servers using Winbind in
RID mode for uid/gid allocation and vfs xfs_attr module (for "true" acls).

Next task is to have a second server with sysvol/netlogon
synchronization (with rsync or csync).

Cheers.
Matthieu

--