Samba 4 alpha whatever raise your hand

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue May 18 07:37:13 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 15:29 +0200, Justo Alonso wrote:
> Hi !
> I have it on production since alpha8 version, with LDAP backend.

How is that working?

We are planning on testing Samab4 the first week of June;  and I'm
really torn between just going with the simplicity of ldb or trying to
use OpenLDAP.  We have a fairly sophisticated OpenLDAP install with lots
of applications integrated with OpenLDAP.  What I'm really concerned
about is DNS - we use SDB:LDAP so that our bind servers use OpenLDAP as
their backends and not flat-files.  So what will I have to do to have S4
update DNS (will it involved migrating my DNS out of LDAP to flat files?
Ugh.  LDAP in DNS is very nice).   If I go with ldb I'll end up with two
LDAP infrastructures at least until I migrate DNS [?], Mail, RADIUS,
BIE/OIE, and I forget what else into LDB.

We have ~20 servers, ~300 users, distributed over 15 sites.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>