Samba 4 alpha whatever raise your hand

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Tue May 18 05:38:17 MDT 2010

Testing / preparing to use as a second domain controller in AD.  If
successful enough (testing with migration to bind, dhcp, etc), might
even make multiples and remove the aging Win 2k3 domain controller.

Have ~30 users with ~200 workstations / servers / virtual machines (labs
and such).

Installation was stock install with LDB.  Vampired from existing AD.
Would consider LDAP in the future as the schema settles unless LDB can
support the same LDAP-style queries that AD supports in order to
maintain 3rd party authentication mechanisms.  I've not yet tried /
tested this last yet.

Regards,
Frank