SMB2, Samba 3 latest git....

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 17 11:06:34 MDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 08:57:30PM +0300, Sassy Natan wrote:
> Hi Again,
>
> I plan to run a full test and make some performance checking using bonnie++
> Maybe we will wait until we have a full smb2 support?
>

> What do u think?

There are some parts missing, but early data would
still be helpful to know where we are performance
wise. If you like, just send the results to me so
I can get an idea of our current performance.

> I didn't save my tests, but it should quite simple doing them again.
>
> What are the impact of not having a kerberos support in smb2 at the moment?

Only NTLMv2 etc. logins. Won't be hard to plumb in the krb5
support, I'll probably get that done this week whilst I'm
at the plugfest up at Microsoft.

Jeremy.