libsmbclient size too big for embedded

Barry Sia Barry.Sia at ktd-kyocera.com
Thu May 13 10:17:05 MDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use libsmbclient in my embedded device.  However, it's too
big (currently 5.8 MB samba v3.4.4). I played around with the configure
options (removing ldap, etc.) but the smallest I got was still around 4+
MB.

Has anyone successfully reduced the size of libsmbclient? I only need
basic functionality like browsing hosts and shares.   If there are any
tweaks I could do in the Makefile to remove optional binary objects,
please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Barry

PS. Sorry I cross-posted this first by mistake in the samba user mailing
list.