No subject

Thu Mar 18 17:34:04 MDT 2010

helper to one user authentication at a time. I think part of this
limitation is due to 'winbindd' being capable of handling one request
from a single helper at a time? Is this correct or Can winbindd handle
new auth-requests from a helper before sending a reply to earlier
requests?

If my understanding is right then, to support 200 authentication
sessions at a time, I may have to launch 200 instances of 'ntlm_auth'.
I'm not sure if our system can support this many instances. Lets say
we do it, internally winbindd spwans a child process to talk to
domain-controller . Can winbindd main thread send multiple
auth-requests to this winbind-child controller, without waiting for
response?

I'm trying to understand which all modules I may have to change, to
launch few "ntlm_auth" instances( say 10) but support 200 simultaneous
authentication sessions. Please suggest if theres a way to meet this
requirement.

BTW, we are using Squid-version 3.0.Stable-19

Thanks in Advance
Kiran