[GSoC 2010] - Proposal

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Mar 22 00:20:14 MDT 2010

On Monday 22 March 2010 10:44:31 am Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> EFL has less deps than GTK or QT and the graphic result is better (both in
> efficience and beauty).
Can you point to the data supporting either of these statements? That is:

1. What are the dependencies for GTK and Qt, and what are the dependencies for
EFL?

2. Do you have benchmarks showing the efficiency difference between GTK, Qt and
EFL for tasks that are similar to what you're proposing?

also

3. How portable is EFL? That is, what operating systems is it supported and
tested on (relative to Samba)?

[Note that I'm not trying to say EFL is a bad choice here - I'm honestly
looking to understand the differences and how that might play out]

Brad