Help with GSOC

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sat Mar 20 04:43:35 MDT 2010

On Friday 19 March 2010 03:58:38 Manoj wrote:

Hi Manoj,

> hoping you guys could give me some guidance

The thing you need to keep in mind with SWAT (at least with the current
implementation) is that it's a very limited system, basically a very minimal
web server serving out static HTML files. That design probably needs some
changing while it's being updated, but I don't think it's viable to introduce
support for PHP, SQL or anything fancy as that.

The goal of SWAT is to give people an easy way of configuring samba, even on
systems without the full LAMP stack. You might just want to check out the
samba sources and have a look at the current implementation in source3/web/.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin