Windows: AUTH NTLM SMTP Server

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Fri Mar 19 15:24:18 MDT 2010

Any code provided by the Samba project would be under the GPL.  You're
allowed to read the code and learn from it, but you can only use Samba code
in your project if you're planning on releasing under the same license.

If you're NOT okay with that, I would recommend studying the new pile of
documentation from Microsoft.  You probably want to look at [MS-NLMP].

If you ARE okay with GPL and LGPL licensing, you can look at jCIFS and
Davenport, in addition to Samba.  The Davenport documentation provides some
good insight into the workings of NTLM:
http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

If you are just looking for the basics (the challenge/response), there is
documentation here: http://ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.8.4.  I also have
some simple scrap code sitting around that performs the required
challenge/response processing:  http://ubiqx.org/libcifs/source/Auth/

Chris -)-----