Updating CPAN's Filesys::SmbClient

Philip A. Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Mar 17 22:58:22 MDT 2010

Hi.

I'm trying to get Filesys::SmbClient to use libsmbclient 3.4.5, but I've
run into a couple of issues.

First, other than the comments in libsmbclient.h, where is the API
documentation for this?  Also, certain functions in there have incomplete
definitions (such as smbc_fstat(), smbc_statvfs(), smbc_fstatvfs(),
smbc_ftruncate(), etc) where the actual success return value isn't stated.

And smbc_utimes() seems to return success, even on a non-existent file.
Is there an easy way to do protocol-level tracing on this to see what's
going on?

Lastly, if I'm writing a toolkit method that's been handed an SMBCFILE *,
is there a method to access the "fname" element from this?

Thanks,

-Philip