insufficient access rights

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Wed Mar 17 06:52:02 MDT 2010

Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:

> I can't say without examining the SD of the machine
> object. I'll try to reproduce the issue and examine what's
> going on. It does look like an acl error.

Nadya,

Just from a cursory glance,  Matthew's post is accurate regarding
Windows behavior.

  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-March/070018.html

This is the "validated write" access.

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms675747%28VS.85%29.aspx

And you might want to examine the process of delegating control of
a pre-existing machine objects and how that impacts the ACEs.
Maybe just a dump from acldiag.exe in the supports tools would
give you the information you need.

Of course, you may already know all this in which case feel
free to ignore me.

cheers, jerry
Senior Software Developer                               Likewise-CIFS
http://www.likewiseopen.org/