[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Tue Mar 9 02:34:40 MST 2010

On 2010-03-09 at 08:27 +0100 Volker Lendecke sent off:
> Can you please show us how to reproduce this on a Windows
> box and also show a network trace of Windows handling this?
> I want to see this myself before this goes in.

the trace of a rename operation into a subfolder which is a reparse point is
attached to this mail. This is XP against w2k8r2. You can unix-style-mount a
device into a subfolder using the mountvol command. mountvol without further
options outputs your volume IDs. You can then mount a volume to any subfolder
via "mountvol mountpointdirectory VOLUMEIDSTTRING". On rename operations
Windows uses STATUS_NOT_SAME DEVICE the same way as Unix uses EXDEV when it
goes cross filesystems. So also a cifs vfs mount works with the changes I made
because "mv" falls back to copy/delete when rename() gives back EXDEV.

Cheers
Björn
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9